Renovation Church Is Closing Its Doors

That's right... this coming Sunday, October 11th, we’re closing the doors at Topsail Middle School so we can open brand new doors by having a party in our community, for our community. A party that, we pray, will open the doors for conversation and authentic community so that ultimately lives can be changed by the reconciling work of the Gospel. So why on earth would we do something like that? Because...

Sundays aren’t for church anymore.

In fact only 25% of Americans actually treat Sunday like a Holy day. So what about the other 75%? They’re not at church. They're home enjoying football, napping, golfing, hunting, fishing (you name it).

Renovation Church is all about celebrating. It would be easy to count who is attending and get excited about how God is bringing new faces every week, but filled seats are not what motivates us — It’s the life-changing power in the name of Jesus. A vision and mission for reaching EVERY man, woman, and child with repeated opportunities to see, hear, and respond to the Gospel.

So what if we stopped counting those who fill our seats, and started counting those in our community who aren’t? If only about 25% are actually going to church, that means about 7 out of 10 people are NOT attending church on Sundays. For our area, that’s about 16,000 people. Let that sink in.

Now think on this: Hampstead is a thriving community FULL of families — some have been here for years, others recently relocated. It’s a community that will rally around building local business while also staying true to their fishing roots. They love their families, and they love a good event FOR the family—It’s no wonder why the Spot Festival draws THOUSANDS of people every year—because it both promotes a family environment AND their local business.

So if Sundays aren’t for church anymore, what can we do about it?

We can forego a Sunday morning gathering so that the 16,000 who wouldn't normally set foot in one of our environments can participate in a community-wide event that they will want to attend.We can work hard to be what we stand for—to create intentional, outside-of-the-box opportunities to engage those who would never step in our doors.We can do as Jesus clearly commanded — abandon the 99 to reach the 1 (see Matthew 18:22).

So come join us this Sunday, October 11th for our first-ever Party In The Park at 12pm out at Kiwanis Park. Food Trucks, FREE inflatables, face painting, crafts, music, and giveaways! Oh, and by the way — We’ll reopen the doors back at Topsail Middle School, 10:30am on Sunday, October 18th. It will be an incredible morning celebrating the wins from Party In The Park — So be sure to join us for that party too!

Why We're Making A Big Deal About Father's Day


If you didn't already know, we’re making a pretty big deal about Father’s Day. Why? Because making a big deal about Father’s Day means making a big deal about fatherhood. God has given the gift of fatherhood—a unique and pivotal role for men as they lead their households. There is no doubt about it, fathers have and will always play a significant part in leading our families, community, and nation. Fatherhood is important to God, and what is important to God must be important to us. As the Church, we have the privilege of supporting, encouraging, and investing in this leadership role.

Fathers are difference makers. For better or worse. In fact, the bible mentions several times the effect fathers can have on their children’s future:

"Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6

"We will not hide them from their descendants; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done.” Psalm 78:4

We not only love dads but we value their effectiveness as leaders in the home. This Sunday (Father's Day), we’ve designed Dad Fest to be a great opportunity for inviting dads, the difference makers, to join us as we make a big deal about celebrating fatherhood. Our prayer is that every dad that attends finds a sense of belonging, hope, and genuine community. All over a piping-hot plate of MISSION BBQ.

Father’s day has a history of being the lowest attended Sunday of the year for churches nationwide. But it doesn’t have to be, and we believe, shouldn't be.

Join us this Sunday at #RenoDadFest because #YouBelongHere.



This week for our weekly post we chose to do a video blog to give a few shout outs and a charge to take personal ownership of inviting others to our Mother’s Day celebration. So, watch the video below and be sure to check out additional ways that you can spread the word about #AllYouNeedIsMom for share week.

[x_video_embed type="16:9"]

All You Need Is Mom Promo from Renovation Church on Vimeo.